Blueberry lemon cupcakes are moist with tangy lemon flavour and juicy blueberries! Simple to make and elegant to look at will please evreyone’s taste. I baked them for my son’s school party and they were gone within a moment.
Yields ~12 cupcakes
For the cupcakes
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 113g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 120ml whole milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
For the frosting
- 80g powdered sugar
- 200g cream cheese
- 200g thickened cream (36% fat)
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine sugar and lemon zest. Rub the sugar and lemon zest together with your fingers until fragrant.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, and milk. Mix until combined.
- Add flour mixture and mix on low until just combined. Gently stir in the blueberries coated in flour.
- Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups. Bake for 23 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and let muffins cool on a wire rack.
- While the muffins are cooling, make the frosting. In a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and softened cream cheese.
- Whip heavy cream till firm peaks and gently fold in the cream cheese mixture.
- Put it to the piping bag and pipe over the muffins. Garnish with fresh berries. Enjoy!
Recipe adopted from Two peas and their pod.
I was amazed by this mouthwatering recipe and decided to make it myself. I got a list of ingredients from our friend who made it for our dinner. A combination of cauliflower, ginger and lemon grass is divine while macadamia... Continue reading →
This is my favorite carrot cake recipe. It’s simple, sweet, moist, flavorful, and layered with light cream cheese frosting! I adore nuts and moisture so it is one of my special cakes in the collection. Definitely, it will “wow” your family or friends! Let’s... Continue reading →
Christmas is almost here and it’s time to get ready for it. I have a tradition in my family to decorate our Christmas tree with gingerbread cookies. Every year they are different in shape, colours and even taste as I... Continue reading →
Cherries are in season now! On Saturday we went to Seville farm UPick Cherries and brought home two boxes of sweet fresh cherries. I knew that it’s my chance to make delicious ricotta and cherry ravioli with hazelnut pasta. It takes... Continue reading →
Very light, soft and not too sweet swiss roll with a touch of sour cranberries! It’s a simple but perfect dessert to make for Christmas season! Ingredients For sponge 4 eggs 100ml sugar 150ml flour 1 tsp baking powder For... Continue reading →
A delicious and pretty beetroot and goat cheese tart topped with arugula, pecans and pomegranate arils. Perfect savoury meal for lunch or dinner!!! Love taste and vibrant colours!!! Ingredients For the crust 1¼ cups all-purpose flour ½ almond flour ½... Continue reading →
Japanese flavours inspired entremet cake: Matcha mousse, Japanese lemon infused white chococlate mousse, pistachio croquant and pistachio dacquoise. It has been quite a long time from my last post. However, I prepared something very special for you. As currently I... Continue reading →
Blueberries and rhubarb taste so delicious together. This easy and tasty crumble is a perfect summer dessert which can be served with ice cream! Let’s celebrate rhubarb season! Ingredients For the streusel 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus room temperature butter for pan 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar... Continue reading →
Delicious Chocolate Caramel Banana Entremet Cake consists of five layers: chocolate sponge, vanilla mousse, caramelised banana, caramel mousse and chocolate glaze. Ingredients For the caramelized banana 160g banana, cut into pieces 40g sugar 15g butter For the chocolate sponge 65g eggs 33g sugar pinch... Continue reading →