I have baked few cheesecakes recently, but this time I wanted something a bit different than a traditional New York cheesecake. I thought that blueberries will give a very beautiful violet color and berry flavor. For this recipe you can easily use frozen blueberries and making this enjoy this berry dessert year round.
Yields ~ 12 pieces
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 900g cheese cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 150g blueberry puree
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 250ml crème fresh or sour cream
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the crust
- Preheat the oven to 175°C degrees.
- Prepare a 24cm springform pan with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, vanilla and melted butter until throughly combined.
- Press crumb mixture into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake 12 – 15 minutes until the crumbs are set.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 165°C degrees.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, cream cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat on high for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add vanilla extract, eggs, one at a time, scraping down the side of the bowl with a spatula after each addition.
- Add sour cream and heavy cream and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix until combined.
- Wrap the outside of your springform pan in aluminum foil.
- Pour cream cheese filling into springform pan. Smooth the top with a spatula.
- Place the pan inside a high-sided roasting pan.
- Create a water bath by filling the roasting pan with hot water until you reach halfway up the side of the cheesecake pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours.
- After an hour and a half, turn the oven off and crack the door open, allow the cheesecake to cool inside of the oven for 1 hour.
- Then take the cheesecake out of the oven and let it continue to cool to room temperature.
- Place the cheesecake in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
For the topping
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream, vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix until combined.
- Spread mixture over the top of the cooled cheesecake.
- Decorate with fresh blueberries. Enjoy!
This cheesecake is delicious, creamy and full of bold lemon flavor 🍋. If you are cheesecake lover and looking for something zesty and delightfully smooth, this cheesecake has it all! Go to the kitchen and make it! Ingredients For Crust... Continue reading →
In this elegant dessert, a crisp white meringue layer crisp on the outside and marshmallowy goodness on the inside, piled high with lemon curd, fluffy cream and loads of fresh berries. It’s the perfect dessert– a bit of tartness with... Continue reading →
Strawberry protein cheesecake is a healthy treat loaded with proteins for whose who are following a strict diet. It has significantly lower amount of the carbohydrates and the calories than traditional cheesecakes and is diet friendly. Ingredients 340g fat free Philadelphia cream cheese... Continue reading →
The cruffin is a delicious flaky croissant just in shape of a muffin. In other words, it looks like a muffin but it’s actually made with croissant dough. I have to admit that this recipe isn’t easy. It requires some significant efforts.... Continue reading →
I can officially admit that I am a matcha lover!!! Because of matcha addiction I decided to give a try for the matcha cake with mascarpone frosting. This dessert is not a very sugary side. Matcha bitterness nicely matches creamy mascarpone... Continue reading →
Matcha bread with dutch crunch in shape of adorable turtles. These rolls are too cute to be eaten! Who could not be keen on trying one of these pretty little turtles?! Everyone will love them not only the little ones. If this is not enough,... Continue reading →
Delicious crowd-pleaser blackberry cheesecake brownies!!! Now You don’t need to choose between cheesecake and brownies. This recipe offers you 2-in-1!!! Who can resist rich cream cheese with rich fudgy brownies? Ingredients For the brownies ¾ cup cocoa powder 1½ cups sugar 2 eggs 12 tb unsalted... Continue reading →
Add some matcha to the traditional shortbread cookies to make them divine with somewhat exotic flavor and a delicate tint. Dip them into white chocolate to get that perfect balance of matcha bitterness and chocolate sweetness. Isn’t it a perfect pair? In... Continue reading →
This Spiral Vegetable Ricotta Pie will definitely impress your friends and relatives. It is made from natural, clean ingredients and looks impressive. This pie is filled with healthy vegetables, i.e. carrots, zucchini, and eggplant providing your body with fiber, vitamins, minerals,... Continue reading →