This Spiral Vegetable Ricotta Pie will definitely impress your friends and relatives. It is made from natural, clean ingredients and looks impressive. This pie is filled with healthy vegetables, i.e. carrots, zucchini, and eggplant providing your body with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It will satisfy cheese lovers cravings as well by incorporating ricotta and parmesan cheese to give that creamy flavour emphasised with a dash of nutmeg.
Yields 22 cm pie
- 1 1/2 cup ricotta (~350g)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt + more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp pepper + more for sprinkling
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1 store-bought round puff pastry dough
- 2 zucchini, sliced thinly and lengthwise
- 3 carrots, peeled, sliced thinly and lengthwise
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced thinly and lengthwise
- extra virgin olive oil
- fresh parsley
- Mix the ricotta, eggs, half of the Parmesan, nutmeg (if using), salt & pepper in a bowl.
- Unroll the puff pastry dough on a greased baking pan, then prick it with a fork.
- Pour the ricotta mixture on the dough.
- Make sure that the vegetable slices are of similar height before starting to put them in the pie.
- Starting from the outer edge, line the pie with the vegetables, one kind per line. Alternate with the other vegetables until you reach the central part.
- Once the pie is finished, drizzle or brush the vegetables with extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt, pepper & the remaining parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated oven of 180ºC for 1 hour in the middle rack.
- If you see that the pie is already brown before 1 hour, take it out of the oven, cover it with an aluminum foil and finish cooking it until the hour ends.
Recipe adopted from Apron and Sneakers.
A Key lime pie is full of clean and bright notes. It is very easy to make and even easier to fell in love with it. Key Lime pie is a tart filled with sweetened condensed milk, lots of lime zest... Continue reading →
This is one of my favourite curries! Chicken, ginger, chilli, coriander, coconut and almonds flakes are simmered in coconut milk to give this dish an aromatic flavor you’ll really enjoy. Ingredients 2 tbsp desiccated coconut 2 tbsp ground almonds 1 can coconut... Continue reading →
It melts in a mouth! Sweet, filling and very simple to make definitely will satisfy anyone’s taste buds. Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee!!! Ingredients 400g fresh ricotta (9% fat) 200g butter, softened 400g biscuits (I used... Continue reading →
Blueberry lemon cupcakes are moist with tangy lemon flavour and juicy blueberries! Simple to make and elegant to look at will please evreyone’s taste. I baked them for my son’s school party and they were gone within a moment. Ingredients Yields ~12... Continue reading →
I was amazed by this mouthwatering recipe and decided to make it myself. I got a list of ingredients from our friend who made it for our dinner. A combination of cauliflower, ginger and lemon grass is divine while macadamia... Continue reading →
This is my favorite carrot cake recipe. It’s simple, sweet, moist, flavorful, and layered with light cream cheese frosting! I adore nuts and moisture so it is one of my special cakes in the collection. Definitely, it will “wow” your family or friends! Let’s... Continue reading →
Christmas is almost here and it’s time to get ready for it. I have a tradition in my family to decorate our Christmas tree with gingerbread cookies. Every year they are different in shape, colours and even taste as I... Continue reading →
Cherries are in season now! On Saturday we went to Seville farm UPick Cherries and brought home two boxes of sweet fresh cherries. I knew that it’s my chance to make delicious ricotta and cherry ravioli with hazelnut pasta. It takes... Continue reading →
Very light, soft and not too sweet swiss roll with a touch of sour cranberries! It’s a simple but perfect dessert to make for Christmas season! Ingredients For sponge 4 eggs 100ml sugar 150ml flour 1 tsp baking powder For... Continue reading →