Delicious butternut squash soup with ginger coconut cream, goat cheese and delicate touch of spices.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 red capsicum, chopped
- 4 cups butternut squash, peeled + cubed
- 1 tsp spicy curry powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme, chopped (or 1/4 tsp dried)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 2 cups veggie broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 115 g goat cheese, softened
- roughly chopped cilantro
- pumpkin seeds (optional)
- arils from one pomegranate
For the coconut ginger cream
- 1/2 cup cooled canned coconut milk
- 1-2 tbsp fresh ginger
- Add the coconut oil to a large soup pot set over medium heat.
- Once hot, add the red pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the cubed butternut squash, spicy curry powder, smoked paprika, cumin, cinnamon, cayenne and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-5 minutes then pour in the coconut milk and veggie broth.
- Bring the soup to boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the butternut squash is fork tender.
- While the soup is cooking, make the ginger cream. Add the cold coconut milk and 1 tablespoon ginger to a small bowl. Taste and add more ginger if needed. Cover and place in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Once the butternut squash is tender, add the garlic and the crumbled goat cheese to the soup. Remove the pot from the stove and allow to cool slightly, then puree the soup in a blender or food processor. Return the soup back to the stove and heat through.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowl. Drizzle the coconut ginger cream over the soup and swirl with a spoon. Garnish with chopped cilantro, pomegranate arils and pumpkin seeds (optional).
Recipe adopted from Half baked harvest.
Entremet cake “Tropical Kiss” consists of coconut crumble, coconut dacquoise, mango creme, mango jelly & coconut mousse and is covered with the mirror glaze! I created this recipe thinking about tropical summer, light sea breeze, fresh mangos and coconut which is... Continue reading →
If you got bored with cinnamon rolls or looking for fresh ideas, try these soft, puffy raspberry swirl rolls. They are terrific!!! Ingredients For the dough 1 cup milk 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2 packets active dry yeast (1 1/2 tbs) 100... Continue reading →
Just love this sweet and savoury quinoa pear and pomegranate salad because it can be both a side dish or a main meal. It’s simple and delicious!!! Ingredients 2 cup vegetable broth 1 cup quinoa, rinsed 2 tbsp oil 1 tbsp fruity... Continue reading →
Coconut pomegranate pancakes made with coconut milk or fresh coconut water, unsweeteend coconut flakes and pomegranate arils. They are fluffy, soft and a bit crunchy due to coconut flakes and pomegranate arils. Delicious!!! Ingredients 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/8 cup granulated sugar... Continue reading →
Crunchy, nutty and healthy asian style cabbage salad perfectly matching as a side dish with chicken or can be eaten alone. Ingredients 5 cups cabbage, coarsely shredded handful of roasted peanuts 2 tbsp sesame seeds 1 medium green onions, chopped... Continue reading →
Marimekko Joconde Improve Entremet cake has five different layers: joconde sponge, white chocolate mouse, hazelnut dacquoise, raspberry jelly and raspberry mouse. I have learnt that Joconde imprime is a decorative design baked into a thin and light sponge cake. Entremet is ornate dessert with many... Continue reading →
Roasting the tomatoes and eggplant gives deeper flavour of the soup. It is very delicious, vegan and gluten free soup!!! Ingredients 1.35 kg tomatoes, cored and halved lengthwise 225 g carrots, cut into 2 cm pieces 10 garlic cloves 4 tbsp olive oil coarse salt and... Continue reading →
This chicken curry is really comfort food especially in cold days. You can make it with your favourite veggies and add as much spiciness as you wish. Ingredients 4 cloves garlic, peeled 30 g ginger, roughly chopped 1 small sweet... Continue reading →
Golden and soft pancakes with zucchini, ricotta cheese and oats flour. They’re pan fried and served with a sour cream or natural yogurt. Ingredients Yields ~ 10-15 small pancakes 3 large eggs 120 g smooth, low-fat ricotta 1/2 cup milk... Continue reading →