Blueberries and rhubarb taste so delicious together. This easy and tasty crumble is a perfect summer dessert which can be served with ice cream! Let’s celebrate rhubarb season!
For the streusel
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus room temperature butter for pan
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup flour
For the bars
- 225g rhubarb, cut into 1cm pieces
- 225g blueberries
- 2 tbsp light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup flour, divided
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar, plus more for dusting finished bars
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 175°C. Butter a 22 cm square baking pan and line with parchment paper, leaving a 5cm overhang on 2 sides. Butter and flour parchment paper and pan, tapping out the excess flour. Set aside.
- Whisk together the butter, brown sugar, and salt. Add flour and mix with a fork until large crumbs form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, combine rhubarb, blueberries, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of the flour. In another medium bowl, whisk the remaining 1 1/4 cup of flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. With mixer on low, beat in vanilla, then flour mixture. Spread batter in prepared pan. Top with rhubarb and strawberry mixture, then top with prepared streusel.
- If you like to have some of the pretty red of the rhubarb and strawberries show on top, poke a few pieces up through the streusel.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with just a bit of moist crumbs attached, about 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool completely in pan.
- Run a knife around the edge of the pan and, using the parchment paper overhang, lift cake from pan. Cut into bars and dust with powdered sugar. Serve as is, or with some ice cream!
Recipe adopted from A farm girls dabbles.
Delicious Chocolate Caramel Banana Entremet Cake consists of five layers: chocolate sponge, vanilla mousse, caramelised banana, caramel mousse and chocolate glaze. Ingredients For the caramelized banana 160g banana, cut into pieces 40g sugar 15g butter For the chocolate sponge 65g eggs 33g sugar pinch... Continue reading →
Delicious coffee cake with mascarpone and cream frosting! It’s very easy and simple to make. It’s one of our favourites!!! Ingredients For the sponge 4 eggs 1 yolk 75 g sugar 1 tsp vanilla extract 60 g flour 20 g pure cacao 1/2... Continue reading →
Delicious butternut squash soup with ginger coconut cream, goat cheese and delicate touch of spices. Ingredients 2 cloves garlic 2 tbsp coconut oil 1 red capsicum, chopped 4 cups butternut squash, peeled + cubed 1 tsp spicy curry powder 1 tsp... Continue reading →
Entremet cake “Tropical Kiss” consists of coconut crumble, coconut dacquoise, mango creme, mango jelly & coconut mousse and is covered with the mirror glaze! I created this recipe thinking about tropical summer, light sea breeze, fresh mangos and coconut which is... Continue reading →
If you got bored with cinnamon rolls or looking for fresh ideas, try these soft, puffy raspberry swirl rolls. They are terrific!!! Ingredients For the dough 1 cup milk 2/3 cup granulated sugar 2 packets active dry yeast (1 1/2 tbs) 100... Continue reading →
Just love this sweet and savoury quinoa pear and pomegranate salad because it can be both a side dish or a main meal. It’s simple and delicious!!! Ingredients 2 cup vegetable broth 1 cup quinoa, rinsed 2 tbsp oil 1 tbsp fruity... Continue reading →
Coconut pomegranate pancakes made with coconut milk or fresh coconut water, unsweeteend coconut flakes and pomegranate arils. They are fluffy, soft and a bit crunchy due to coconut flakes and pomegranate arils. Delicious!!! Ingredients 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/8 cup granulated sugar... Continue reading →
Crunchy, nutty and healthy asian style cabbage salad perfectly matching as a side dish with chicken or can be eaten alone. Ingredients 5 cups cabbage, coarsely shredded handful of roasted peanuts 2 tbsp sesame seeds 1 medium green onions, chopped... Continue reading →
Marimekko Joconde Improve Entremet cake has five different layers: joconde sponge, white chocolate mouse, hazelnut dacquoise, raspberry jelly and raspberry mouse. I have learnt that Joconde imprime is a decorative design baked into a thin and light sponge cake. Entremet is ornate dessert with many... Continue reading →