Autumn brings a huge variety of vegetables and fruits. Pumpkin is among my favorites. Usually I bake it in the oven and use for puree or as it on the side with a meat dish. However, recently I just started eating it raw!!! I know it might sound strange but I really like the flavor and crunchiness. No surprise, that currently my special treat is a pumpkin protein smoothie.
Who can resist to a healthy smoothie combining banana, fresh pumpkin and cinnamon one of ‘must have’ fall spices?! Its creaminess from banana, sweetness from pumpkin is perfectly balanced with the spice of cinnamon which is listed as one of the ingredients increasing metabolism. Thick, creamy, full of fibers and proteins, this smoothie is a filling breakfast that gives you energy booster that lasts for hours!
I like smoothies as they are packed with fibers, vitamins, healthy fats and proteins. Sometimes I have a smoothie as my first meal in the morning before hitting the gym. Smoothie provides a natural burst of energy that helps to supercharge my body for the whole day.
- 1 pear
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup of diced pumpkin
- 1/3 cup of milk (coconut or almond)
- handful of peanuts
- 1 ts cinnamon
- 1 scoop of whey protein powder (preferably unflavored or vanilla flavor)
- Add all ingredients to a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth about 3 minutes – it can take longer in the blender is not very powerful.
- Add more milk if it is too thick and more spices if desired (you can try nutmeg, gloves or ginger).
- Garnish with finely chopped peanuts. Enjoy!