This lemon yogurt cake is soft, not very sweet and with punch of lemon. Moreover, it’s very easy to make. You can serve it alone or with ice cream. First time I baked it with lime and glazed with icing. Today I had only lemons at home and decided to give it a try.
- 2 eggs
- 300 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 3/4 cup plain yoghurt (or greek style)
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
For icing (optional)
- icing sugar
- lemon juice
- fresh raspberries
- Preheated the oven at 180°C (350°F) and brush a baking tin with butter and dust it with flour.
- In the bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon zest and juice. Add the yogurt and oil and whisk gently until well mixed.
- Sift the flour and baking powder over the bowl and mix together. Pour the batter into a baking tin and bake for 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean.
- Shortly after the cake is done, turn it upside down on a rack and let it cool completely.
- While it’s cooling down, make the icing. Vividly whisk the lemon juice and icing sugar. Add some more sugar if it is too runny. When the cake is cooled, transfer it to a rack. Pour the icing and make it drip along the edges. Place a few raspberries here and there, sprinkle some lemon zest.
Inspired by Dorian cuisine