You will love this avocado and smoked salmon salad even if you are not addicted to salads in general. This is a very beautiful combination of flavors. The salad has everything you can wish for: creaminess of avocado, saltiness of smoked salmon, crunchiness of cucumber and leaf mix, a kick of lemon and nutty flavor from sesame seeds. It’s not only very delicious but it’s very healthy too. Isn’t this great?! People often think that healthy food is flavorless and boring. They are so wrong!!.
I love salads!!! Usually it’s a light meal full of nutrients and flavor. Eating salad almost every day may be one of the most healthy eating habits you can adopt. However, you should be careful as salad can easily turn out into a calorie–bomb by adding the wrong ingredients. Don’t forget that your salad becomes a meal when you add the protein!
- 60g of 4 leaf salad mix (or arugula)
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 of Lebanese cucumber
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1 small lemon
- about 1/2 cup of olive oil (adjust to your preference)
- salt to taste
- a drop of sesame oil (optional)
- In a small dry pan, toast sesame seeds over medium heat and set aside.
- Wash and dry the salad mix (or arugula). Slice cucumber. Set aside.
- Halve a lemon and squeeze the juice into a small bowl. Then add olive oil, sesame oil (if using), salt to taste, dill and half a tablespoon of the toasted sesame seeds. Whisk until combined.
- In a salad bowl, add salad mix, cucumber and smoked salmon.
- Slice the avocado, dip them in the dressing and add into the salad bowl. Scatter the remaining toasted sesame seeds as a finishing touch.
- Serve with the dressing separately.
Inspired by Fuss Free Cooking