One more recipe with figs! This time easy, totally delicious and healthy breakfast – fig bircher with coconut and goji berries! I made this breakfast for my Sweetheart on Valentine’s day. There’s something addicting about this combination, texture and flavor.
Also it’s a very versatile meal as you can use any combination of nuts, seeds and fresh or dried fruit, as well as different kind of milk. If you prefer a little sweeter you may want to drizzle 1-2 tsp of maple syrup or honey on top. The thickness of bircher can be adjusted to one’s liking by simply adding more or less milk. Try and be please with your breakfast choice! What else I love about it is that I can take it in a jar and have it on my way to work when I’m running short in time.
Yields 2 servings
- 6 fresh figs
- 4 tbsp juice of lemon
- 1/4 cup goji berries
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup oats
- few raisins
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 2 heaping tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 cup milk (of your choice)
- 1 ripe banana
- Scoop out the flesh of 4 figs, add it to the blender along with 2 tbsp lemon juice and the chia seeds, blend away and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl throw and mash together all the other ingredients, mix in a bit of the blended figs and use the rest for topping. For creamiest results leave covered overnight in the fridge, or at least for 10-15 min.
- Before serving top it with fig chunks, more gojis and coconut shavings.
Recipe inspired by shanyaraleonie