Craving for something fresh, light, naturally sweet and healthy? I’m sure this delightful clementine persimmon and pomegranate salad will satisfy even the most fussy taste palate. This recipe brings a note of autumn spices and earthy aroma complementing sweetness of autumn fruits. Be creative and make them to look absolutely fabulous by serving and garnishing them in various styles.
Yields 4 servings
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 5 clementines
- 4 persimmons
- 1 handfull grapes
- 4-5 tbsp coarsely chopped almonds
- 4 tbsp natural yogurt (optional)
- 2 clementines, juice
- 1 tbsp agave or maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1/4 tsp clave powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/4 ginger powder
- To make the salad, cut the persimmons, desegment clementines and place them in a big bowl.
- Cut half wise grapes and add them to the bowl. Place pomegranate seeds and chopped almonds as well.
- To make the dressing, mix the clementine juice with syrup and all the spices in a small jar. Drizzle the salad with the dressing and combine.
- Divide the salad among the glasses (or jars) and serve with a spoon of yogurt on top. You can sprinkle more pomegranate seeds and almonds for garnish.
Recipe adopted from In the making by Belen