Smoothie bowls is now an increasingly popular breakfast trend. I guess there are at least few reasons why it looks such an appealing choice. First, you can basically create any combo of your favourite fruits, veggies, nuts, seeds and cereal. Second, they contain different textures which is more exciting in creating innovative combinations and are more satisfying to eat. Third, it is fascinating that you can make it look very colourful, playful and different every time! Moreover, they are packed with vitamins and are nutrient-dense. Finally, smoothie bowls cannot get boring, just use your imagination!
Yields 2 servings
- 2 bananas (frozen and cut into pieces)
- 1 large pear (cut into pieces)
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 persimmon
- 1 pear
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup almonds (raw, coarsely chopped)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp goji berries
- Add frozen banana and pear pieces, almonds to the blender, pour milk and blend on high until smooth. If there is too little liquid, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until desired consistency is achieved.
- Thinly slice pear and persimmon.
- Divide smoothie into 2 bowls. Layer pear, persimmon, cinnamon, almond, coconut, sesame seeds and goji berries on top of smoothie.
Recipe adopted from The modern proper