I had several plums and some halloumi cheese sitting in my fridge. I knew that saltiness of halloumi can be nicely balanced by delicate plum sweetness. I came across with this wonderfull salad consisting of sesame, halloumi, plums, tahini, lemon and onion greens. It’s simple but pleasant combination!
- 1 block of halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 3 ripe plums, cut into wedges
- a few onion greens, chopped
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice
- Coat the halloumi as best as you can with the sesame seeds. Heat some oil in a frying pan and grill the cheese on each side until golden.
- Meanwhile mix together the ingredients for the tahini dressing, adding a little warm water to loosen the consistency. Season with salt to taste.
- Plate the grilled halloumi with the plum slices and season with salt and a little pepper. Sprinkle over the onion greens and drizzle over the tahini dressing.
Recipe adopted from Thyme & honey