Cashews, coconut, and cacao are rolled into compact energy bites perfect as on-the-go or after-workout snacks. This simple and healthy little no bake energy bites recipe is perfect offering a nutritious combination of protein, carbs and fats!
Bite into a burst of superpowers with this homemade and naturally sweet treat!
Yields about 25 bites
- 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dates, soaked
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tbsp pure cacao
- 2 tsp water
- 1 scoop chocolate whey protein (optional)
- Place the cashews and coconut in a food processor and blend until mixed into a fine crumble.
- Remove 2 tablespoons and place on a baking sheet. Then add the dates, coconut oil, cacao, whey protein and water and pulse until the mixture turns into more of a dough. Add more water if you need more moisture, or add more coconut if it’s too wet.
- Take a melon scoop and parcel out small balls from the mixture. Take in your hands and roll into a compact circle is formed.
- Place the balls on the baking sheet with the cashew coconut mix and roll them through until they’re all coated. Refrigerate before serving.
Recipe adopted from Tasting page