These walnut fig cheesecake slices is a very beautiful sweet treat. The crust is made of walnuts and graham cracker, the middle layer is smooth and creamy cheesecake, and the top is layered with fresh sweet figs. It is the best combo for nuts, figs and cheesecake lovers! Moreover,these slices looks very polished and sophisticated!
For the crust
- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup (240 ml) graham cracker crumbs
- 50 g sugar
- 85 g butter, melted
For the cheesecake
- 280 g cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 80 ml honey
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 fresh figs, sliced thin lengthwise (wait to slice until the very end)
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Line a 22.5 x 22.5 cm pan with parchment paper.
- In a food processor, combine the walnuts, graham cracker crumbs, and sugar. Pulse until the mixture resembles a fine sand and the walnuts are completely pulverized. Pour in butter and pulse until it comes together. Press the crust firmly and evenly into the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whip cream cheese and eggs until light and fluffy. Add in honey, vanilla, and salt, mixing until combined. Pour over prepared crust.
- Place the pan in a water bath (you will need a larger pan filled with 2.5 cm of water) and place everything into the oven. Bake for 1 hour, then allow the cheesecake to cool completely (about 4 hours).
- Once cooled, arrange the fresh fig slices over the cheesecake. Use a sharp knife or scissors to cut the figs to fit around the perimeter.
Recipe adopted from Broma bakery