This sweet Asian slaw is an unrivalled slaw that I have ever tasted. Moreover, it looks fabulous with all these vibrant colours. It combines different crunchy textures of cabbage, almonds and spring onions. I love the sweetness of cabbage married beautifully with the zesty, aromatic flavour of versatile coriander, slightly pungent flavour of spring onions and nutty almonds. It’s perfect!!!
For the slaw
- 3 cups of shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup of shredded red cabbage
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup of thinly sliced spring onions
- ½ cup coriander
- ¼ black sesame
For the dressing
- ½ cup oil
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1-2 tsp salt or soy sauce
- For dressing, combine the oil, rice vinegar, sugar, and salt or soy sauce in a jar. Shake to combine and then set aside.
- To toast almond, heat sliced almonds in a skillet over medium heat. Wait for a minute or two until the almonds begin to get golden brown. Keep an eye away because these get burnt very quickly.
- In a large bowl combine the green cabbage, the red cabbage, spring onions and the toasted almonds. Toss with the dressing and then sprinkle with fresh cilantro and black sesame seeds.
Recipe adopted from Making it modern