Zucchini and carrot slice is a very versatile dish which can be eaten for brunch, lunch or dinner. It makes a lovely starter or can be served as a main course. Carrots, zucchini and cheese combine for enjoyable, light, fluffy texture in every bite, fresh parsley adds brightness and aroma, cheese forms a nice crust on the top. Yummy!!!
- 5 egs
- 500 g zucchini
- 150 g carrots
- 120 g flour
- 105 g vegetable oil (I use rice oil as it’s flavourless)
- 120 g cheddar cheese
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp Pecorino cheese (optional)
- handfull parsley
- black pepper
- sour cream (to garnish)
- Preheat oven at 180°C. Line an 20 cm square cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- In a large bowl coarsely grate carrots and zucchini.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, add oil and mix them together.
- Combine flour and baking powder, add them to egg mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Grate cheese; peel and finely chop onion, set aside.
- Add grated vegetables to egg mixture, fold in cheese, onion and parsley, season with salt and pepper.
- Pour to the baking tin, sprinkle with pecorino and bake for 30-35 minutes or util inserted wooden toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with sour cream. Enjoy!
Recipe adopted from Laisvalaikis virtuvėje