Recently I have posted the recipe of Black Forest crepes on my website. This time I have delightful Black Forest Smoothie which combines chocolate, cherries, and whipped cream (if you don’t mind extra calories). It’s thick, creamy, packed with some protein and my absolutely favourite.
Cherries can help muscles recover after working out, while cacao adds antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. Dates gives an extra kick of natural sweetness, avocado contributes to a creamy texture and protein powder makes it a perfect after workout treat. Basically, this antioxidant-packed chocolate cherry smoothie is an indulgence that will satisfy any sweet tooth!
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup frozen cherries (pitted)
- 1 scoop (30 g) chocolate protein powder
- 2 Medjool dates, depending on desired sweetness
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp (10 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 2 tbsp whipped cream (optional for garnish)
- Place all ingredients into any standard blender and blend until smooth.
- Divide between glasses.
- Top it with a whipped cream (if using).
Recipe adopted from Running with the spoons