I love cherries! Who doesn’t? Cherries can be used not only for jams, crepes, smoothies or desserts. How about delicious healthy chicken salad delighted by fresh, juicy cherries? It’s a real hit!
The naturally sweet and crunchy salad with grilled chicken can be served in a sandwich as well.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cups your favourite greens (spinach, rucola etc)
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 1/2 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper
- Preheat grill to high.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil over chicken and season liberally with salt and pepper.
- Pit the cherries and cut some in half leaving some whole.
- Place the cherries on a grill pan or aluminum foil so they don’t fall through the grill grates. Place the chicken on the grill at the same time. Grill cherries just until they start to caramelize. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side.
- While the chicken and cherries are grilling in a small bowl whisk together the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, mustard, 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve mix the cherries into the shallot sauce. Top the greens with a chicken breast and pour the warm cherry sauce over the chicken.
Recipe adopted from Wicked spatula