These almond blondies is a combination of gooey white chocolate and crunchy walnuts. Dark brown sugar gives blondies a special flavour that makes this treat irresistible. The sweetness of blondies are balanced by freshness of strawberry coulis and acidity of sour cream. If you love brownies, you should try their chocolate twins blondies!Ingredients
- 200 g butter chopped
- 200g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200g almond meal
- 230g brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 50g walnuts, chopped
For strawberry coulis
- 300 g strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 50g sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 125g fresh strawberries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 2o x 20 cm baking tray with baking paper.
- For the blondies, melt butter and chocolate together in a large saucepan. Remove from heat. Add vanilla and brown sugar and stir to combine. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Once cool, add the eggs, then the almond meal and walnuts and stir well to combine.
- Pour the brownie mix into the prepared tray and bake for 35-40 minutes or until blondies are well risen, golden in colour and firm to touch. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- For the coulis, combine strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and 1 tbsp water in a large saucepan and stir to over a low heat to dissolve sugar. Bring the mixture to the boil. Blend mixture with blender until smooth. Set aside to cool before using.
- To serve, cut blondies into 9 portions and serve with a dollop of sour cream, some strawberry coulis and fresh strawberries on the side.
Recipe adopted from Masterchef