Homemade mocha cereal puffs for children and adults with gentle aroma of coffee and the tang of yoghurt. This cereal is healthier than bought from store and you can control the ingredients you use. Moreover, it is fun to make with the kids and delicious too!!!
My son loved rolling the cereal puffs out and was more than excited to taste them. Actually, he enjoyed eating puffs alone without milk. It was my first time when I tried to make homemade cereals and I was thrilled by the process itself. Next time I will make a vanilla version!
Yields 2 servings
- ½ cup plain flour
- ¾ cup hazelnut meal
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (granulated)
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and knead for a few minutes until the mixture forms a firm but pliable dough. Tear off tiny bits of the dough and roll into grape sized balls.
- Place dough balls on the prepared sheet and bake in the pre heated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove from oven. Cool completely. Store in an air tight container or glass jar for upto 4 days (upto a week in the fridge).
- Enjoy with cold milk and a dash of maple syrup.
Recipe adopted from Cook Republic