This healthy Strawberry Kiwi Chicken Salad is full of greens, berries, kiwi, chicken and almond. It’s a great lunch or dinner especially in summer time! I love the flavor combination of sweet strawberries, tangy kiwi, savoury chicken and crunchy . It’s very healthy too! There is only a very small amount of oil and it’s loaded with vitamins, fiber and protein.
I love having a light dinner as it makes me feel good. This salad also contains a great variety of flavors and textures. If you prefer light dressing, you can use only juice you have.
- 250 g arugula or baby spinach (or greens of your choice)
- 2 handfuls strawberry, diced
- 2 kiwifruits, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup almonds, roasted and coarsely chopped
- 500 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp orange, cranberry, or pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp plain yogurt
- 1/2 tsp poppy seeds (optional)
- salt (to your liking)
- Spray a skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Lightly sprinkle chicken with seasoning salt, and brown in skillet on both sides until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, mix all dressing ingredients in a small airtight container. Shake very well until blended and set aside.
- Place your greens, cut fruit in large salad bowl. Cut cooked chicken into bite-sized pieces and allow to cool slightly before adding to greens. Pour dressing over salad and chicken, and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with roasted almonds. Salad is ready to serve. Enjoy!