This dessert I used to have back in Lithuania and I simply love it! It looks colourful and playful and it has smooth texture. AND it includes one of my favourite ingredients – ricotta! I don’t need to mention again that I love ricotta (love is too weak word, maybe I have to say – crazy or obsessed). Little and big kids enjoy this dessert a lot! It’s a real deal!
- 2 jelly packets, different flavours (I used kiwi and strawberry)
- 500 g smooth ricotta
- 200 ml cream
- 200 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp caster sugar
- 8 tsp gelatine
- Make jelly according the instructions, pour it to the moulds and place to a freezer to set.
- After jelly is set, take it out and cut into small squares.
- Bloom the gelatine in a cold milk.
- Mix smooth ricotta with cream, sugar and vanilla extract.
- Heat the bloomed gelatine in a microwave until it melts and let it cool till room temperature
- Fold it to the ricotta mixture and then add jelly squares.
- Place the large mould with the food wrapping, pour the ricotta mixture and to place it to the fridge for 4 hours (or overnight).
- Serve sliced.