Fruit and berry salad is one way to get your vitamins and nutrients to keep you charged for the whole day. It is the ultimate refreshing summer dessert that you can make in less than ten minutes! Try this recipe for a refreshing breakfast, a light lunch, snack or a healthy dessert to finish off dinner.
I suggest to use seasonal fruits and berries as they always are more delicious. Also, choose fruit with even stages of ripeness. Texture-wise the flavour will be better if all pieces of fruit are soft and ripe with a slight crunch to each bite. By mixing together ripe but not mushy fruits, salads look fresh and vibrant for a longer period of time. Finally, play with different colours and texture to catch the eye and please the palate.
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- handful of black seedless grapes, cut into halves
- handful of strawberries, cut into quarters
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tbsp orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- fresh mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- Combine fruits and berries in a large bowl.
- Add orange juice and poppy seeds.
- Toss to combine.
- Divide among serving bowls or glasses.
- Garnish with mint leaves. Enjoy!