These cottage cheese cookies are light, flaky and crispy on the outside with a gentle touch of cinnamon. They are absolutely delicious and can be served with milk, coffee or tea. Since the cookies are very easy to make, you can ask your little ones to join you and have fun together in a kitchen.
These cookies are simply addictive. They will disappear before you will notice. Kids will love them!
- 250 g cottage cheese
- 200 g butter
- 300 g flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- With a wooden spoon, beat the soft butter and cottage cheese together in a bowl until smooth.
- Add the flour and baking powder, and knead to make a soft dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- After the dough is chilled, preheat the oven to 185ºC.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a flat plate.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough to 5-6 mm thick.
- Using a glass or cookie cutter measuring about 8 cm in diameter, cut out as many circles as possible. Gather any leftover dough and repeat the process.
- Gently press one side of the circle of dough into the cinnamon sugar. With the sugar-coated side always facing inwards, fold the circle in half.
- Press the semi circled dough into the sugar and fold the dough in half again to form a triangular shape. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, spacing them about 2 cm apart. Bake on the middle rack of the oven for about 25 min or until the cookies are golden.
- Remove from the baking sheet, breaking off any crystallized cinnamon sugar from the edges and cool on a rack.