Sun-dried tomatoes are blended with fresh basil, almonds, garlic, lemon zest, olive oil and Parmesan. It is fabulous on pasta, pizza or with your favourite crackers as a small snack. All my friends who tried this were really surprised who good it is! It is fabulous!
- 125 g fresh basils
- 125 g almonds, blanched
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 250 g sundried tomatoes
- 125 g parmesan (finely grated)
- 1 cup of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- Drain oil from the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Put basil, almonds, garlic, lemon zest, pinch of salt to the blender and blend.
- Add sundried tomatoes, parmesan and process scraping down sides occasionally, until almost smooth.
- With motor running, add oil in a slow, steady stream. Process to combine.
- You can store it in the jar in the fridge up to 6 weeks.
- You can use it with pasta, bread or crackers.