The Carrot Almond Bread is full of carrots, applesauce, coconut oil and almonds, which give the bread just the right amount of crunch. It is flavoursome and definitely healthier than one bought in store.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (in original recipe 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup milk or soy milk
- Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly oil or butter a 20 cm loaf pan or several smaller ones.
- In a bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand-mixer, mix the carrots, eggs, sugar, oil, applesauce, and vanilla until well blended. Fold the flour mixture into the carrot mixture until just combined.
- Gently stir in the almonds and milk and pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the top is golden brown and a tester inserted in the center of the bread comes out with moist crumbs attached. It should take about 50-55 minutes.
Recipe adopted from Happy food healthy life