I love this easy Cherry Overnight Oats recipe for breakfast to get my day started off. It is a huge time saver in the morning as it can be prepared in advance. The meal is fabulous with sweet-tart cherries and the oats providing complex carbs and fibers as well as lots of nutrients.
Get ready for the day with this simple, delicious and healthy meal. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you shouldn’t skip it. Instead, make your breakfast an evening before!
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk (or your preferred one)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup blueberries, frozen
- ½ cup fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- optional, maple syrup or honey
- In a medium bowl combine oats, milk, chia seeds, vanilla and maple syrup, if using.
- Fill half of the jar with oat mixture.
- Add a thin layer of frozen blueberries.
- Again, fill the jar with the oats mixture.
- Put on the lid and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, top with cherries. Enjoy!