These crepes are stuffed with cabbage, carrot and fresh greens. They can be served for lunch or as a light evening meal. My family loves to eat them with sour cream and fresh dill on top. I hope you will enjoy these!
For the crepes
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2-3 tbsp melted butter
- a little oil, to cook
For the filling
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and shredded,
- 1 small cabbage, finely shredded
- fresh dill, chopped
- fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt, pepper to taste
To make crepes
- Put the flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, mix well with a whisk, then stir in a half of the milk to make a smooth batter.
- Gradually stir in the rest of the milk and the water. Let the batter rest in a warm place for about an hour.
- When you are ready to cook the crepes, give the batter a stir and add the melted butter.
- Brush a pan with a little oil and heat. Ladle in a little batter and tilt the pan to cover the bottom thinly.
- Cook for about 1 minute. As soon as little holes appear all over the surface, turn the crepe over and cook the other side for 30 to 40 seconds. Transfer to a plate and cook the rest of the batter.
To make stuffing
- In a frying pan, add carrots and cabbage and cook till cabbage is very soft and loses half of its volume.
- Mix in the fresh dill and parsley, then salt and pepper.
- Let the stuffing cool a little.
- Spoon a tablespoon full of cabbage mixture along the edge of each crepe. Roll the crepe over the filling. Fold the sides in toward the middle. Fold the blintz into a flat rectangle.
- If you like to reheat them, sauté the stuffed crepes with a little butter on both sides till crispy. Serve with a sour cream and some chopped parsley or dill.
Recipe adopted from Melangery