If you love chocolate and ricotta, these chocolate crumble ricotta squares is for you! This delicious treat is very simple to make and is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee.
For the batter
- 200 g butter
- 2 tbsp pure cacao
- 2 cup flour
- 1/2 sugar
For the filling
- 500 g ricotta
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- Chop cold butter. Then combine it with sugar, cacao powder and flours.
- For filling mix all ingredients till smooth consistency.
- Greece a 20 cm baking tin with butter. Place half of the batter in a tin and gently press to elevate the surface.
- Then pour filling and top with the rest of the batter.
- Bake about 1 hour in the oven at 190°C.