I always wished to visit lavender fields. I could not imagine that it will happen here in Australia since I pictured fields of Provence in France and its amazing landscape in my head. I was lucky to walk in lavender field, see how lavender is processed to its final product such as lavender oil and dried lavender flowers and even taste lavender chocolate ice cream and fudge.
Yields 32 cookies
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp dried lavender
- zest of one lemon
- 225 g butter, room temperature
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a large bowl, mix the powdered sugar, dried lavender, and lemon zest until the lavender and lemon zest are well incorporated. Add softened butter to the bowl. Use a hand mixer to cream with the sugar. Add flour and salt slowly, mixing gently to combine.
- Remove the dough from the bowl onto a large piece of parchment or wax paper. Gently roll the paper around the dough to create a smooth 20 cm log. Chill dough at least 3 hours or up to a few days.
- When ready to bake, heat the oven to 190ºC. Slice the chilled dough into 0.5 cm slices. Bake 13-15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
Recipe adopted from Sweet Little Kitchen