This tasty ginger chicken with snow pea salad is a perfect skinny dinner if you are watching for your calories. You will definitely find yourself enjoying it!
- 450 g snow peas, strings removed
- 2 tsp plus another 2 tsp canola oil, divided
- 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 700 g boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 1/2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, roasted
- Bring medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Fill a medium mixing bowl with ice and water. Boil snow peas for 2 minutes, drain, and place in ice water for 1 minute to chill. Drain and pat dry.
- Combine 2 tsp of the canola oil, 1 Tbsp of the soy sauce, and ginger in a shallow bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- Heat remaining canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook until golden and no longer pink inside, 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board and slice.
- Combine peas, scallions, sesame oil, and remaining soy sauce in a mixing bowl; toss together. Serve pea salad with chicken.
Recipe adopted from Shrinking kitchen