Love cheesecake, pistachio and cherries? Try this delicious dessert which has everything in one!!! Moreover, it is perfect to serve as individual dessert at your next party or family occasion. This cheesecake with cherry coulis and pistachio mousse is an adorable and easy to serve dessert!!!
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 55 g unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 225 g cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy cream12.5 oz cherry pie filling can
- 1 1/4 cup pistachio mousse (recipe is here)
- 100 g roasted pistachio, chopped
- fresh cherries for topping
For the cherry coulis
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 30 ml cup water
- 1 1/5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar in a bowl. Mix until all of the ingredients are well coated in butter.
- Divide the mixture into the 6 glass, pressing the crust to the bottom of the glass with a spoon.
- Use a mixer to beat together the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and cream until smooth and fluffy.
- Divide the cream cheese mixture between the 6 jar and layer on top of the graham cracker crust. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- For the coulis, place pitted and halved cherries into a small sauce pan with water, sugar and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil over medium heat. Cook until cherries are soft (about 5 minutes).
- Remove cherries from the heat, transfer to a blender or food processor and purée, scraping down the sides if needed. Strain through a fine meshed strainer to ensure a smooth sauce. Refrigerate the coulis covered (can stay up to 3 days).
- Spoon the cooled cherry coulis on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Pipe pistachio mousse on top and refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Before serving sprinkle with chopped pistachios and fresh cherries.