The tuna is easy to make. You just crust the steak with sesame seeds and sear it for a few minutes on either side. You want to be careful not to over cook it as fully cooked tuna can be a bit dry. The seared tuna steak was really good. It was nice and moist and tender. The sesame seeds added a nice contrast in texture. You can serve tuna steak on rice with some sauce and veggies on the side or on some fresh arugula or spinach salad.
- 450 g tuna steak, sushi grade
- 2 tbsp white sesame seeds (toasted)
- 2 tbsp black sesame seeds (toasted)
- kosher salt
- fresh pepper
- 1 tbsp oil
- Rub the tuna steaks with 1 tsp oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Dip entire surface of each steak into sesame seeds to coat.
- Place the tuna steaks in a very hot saute pan and cook for only 1 to 2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a platter.