Have you tried to pair beets and strawberries? It seems that they can work pretty nicely. Addition of oranges brings tangy, sweet and citrusy flavour while almonds give some crunchiness. This combination delivers flavour and vibrant colours for this refreshing, light and scrumptious beet strawberry and orange salad.
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 2 medium beets, cooked, peeled and cooled, cut into bite size pieces
- 10 strawberries, sliced
- 1 navel orange, cut into supremes
- 1/2 small leek, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- the juice and zest of the orange
- Start by collecting the zest of your orange and throw that into a small mixing bowl.
- Add the vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Over that same bowl, cut your orange into supremes, in order to collect the juice but throw the supremes into a larger, separate bowl. When you’ve got all your supremes done, make sure to squeeze all the remaining juice out of the membrane that’s left behind.
- Throw the rest of the ingredients in with the orange supremes. Pour reserved vinaigrette and mix well.
- Transfer to serving plate and sprinkle with toasted almond flakes.
- Garnish with a slice of orange or strawberry, if desired.
Recipe adopted from the healthy foodie.