This healthy and delightful mango avocado quinoa and chicken salad will become your family favourite. It’s also packed with protein and fibers. Cooked quinoa, chunks of juicy mango, chicken, avocado, cherry tomatoes and cilantro tossed together with a honey lime chili cumin dressing. Definitely, this recipe is on my special list.
For the salad
- 2 cups cooked and cooled quinoa (previously prepared as per package instructions)
- 1 cup shredded cooked and cooled chicken
- 1 mango, chopped (about 1½ cups)
- 1 avocado, chopped (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup chopped tomatoes (I like to use grape tomatoes)
- 1-2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup honey lime chili cumin dressing (recipe bellow)
For the dressing
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- pepper, to taste
- For dressing combine all of the ingredients in a bowl or jar and whisk or cover and shake. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine the quinoa, chicken, and dressing in a large bowl and toss to coat evenly.
- Add the mango, avocado, tomatoes and cilantro, and toss to combine. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve with additional dressing, if desired.
Recipe adopted from Cupcakes and kale chips.