Fresh pineapple quinoa chicken salad is light, savoury and sweet, just everything you can wish for! They have sweetness from cherries and pineapple, crunchiness form pistachios and coconut, freshness from arugula accompanied by ginger and cumin spiciness and cilantro aroma. Moreover, they are loaded with proteins, fibers, vitamins and healthy fat. Cannot be better!!!
For the quinoa
- 4 cups water
- 2 cup uncooked quinoa
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
For the salad
- 4 cups fresh arugula, roughly chopped
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, chopped (canned, rotisserie, or grilled all work well)
- 1 1/2 cup shelled, whole pistachios
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup flaked, unsweetened coconut
- In a medium saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add quinoa, cover and reduce heat to simmer for 12 minutes, or until water is completely absorbed.
- Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and allow to cool for at least 5 minutes.
- In a meanwhile mix all the ingredients for the dressing until combined. Then add it to quinoa.
- Pour in the remaining ingredients and gently combine until well distributed.
- You can serve this at room temperature or cold.
- If serving more than 2 hours after preparing, store in the fridge in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Recipe adopted from Layers of happiness.