This coconut panna cotta is a quick dessert to throw together. A sweet and refreshing pudding like dessert is served with fresh mango and dragon fruit emphasising coconut flavour. It’s the perfect chilled dessert for entertaining as it can be prepared a day in advance. And it looks spectacular!
Yields 3-4 servings
For the panna cotta
- 125ml milk
For the topping
- 2 dragon fruits (about 500g)
- 1 mango
- fresh mint (optional)
- To make the panna cotta, place all the ingredients, except gelatin, in a saucepan and set over medium heat.
- Heat the mixture to just before simmering, remove from heat, add gelatin and whisk until dissolved.
- Strain mixture and set over an ice bath to cool.
- Pour into cups or glasses and leave in the refrigerator to set.
- In a meanwhile cut the fruits into 1 cm cubes.
- Pour the dragon fruit and mango cubes over the set panna cotta.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves if desired. Enjoy!