Looking for simple dinner idea using fresh seasonal produce? This one is easy enough and can be prepared in under 30 minutes. Just cook quickly the pasta and combine it with poached salmon, peas, dills and a creamy sauce. Done!
- 200 g pasta, uncooked
- 225 g salmon fillet
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup peas, frozen
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese, or more to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- fresh dill, chopped
- Place salmon it in a saucepan and almost cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then cover tightly and remove from the heat. Let it poach for 10 minutes.
- Drain and remove the skin, then gently pull the fish into large flakes with clean hands. Set aside.
- Cook the pasta to just al dente. Drain.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the cream in a large saute pan. Add the frozen peas, the flaked salmon, the lemon juice, zest, and the salt and pepper to taste and heat everything through.
- Add the cooked pasta and a good sprinkle of Parmesan cheese. Mix everything well and make sure the sauce is good and hot.
- Take the time to give it a taste, and adjust the salt and pepper, and maybe add more lemon or cheese if it needs it. Serve with fresh dill and extra cheese if desired.
Recipe adopted from The View from Great Island.