Creamy, nutty and green smoothie ice cream! It make a healthy treat which can satisfy your sweets craving. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 cups packed spinach
- 1 medium size ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 large banana, can be frozen
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt (2% fat)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp honey (adjust according to your taste)
- Place all ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
- You can serve them imediatelly as a soft serve ice cream or transfer mixture to a container and freeze for approximate 1 hour or so. Test for desired texture.
Since this green smoothie ice cream does not actually contain cream, if you freeze it for more than 1 or 2 hours, it will freeze like ice and become hard and crystallized.
Recipe adopted from Inspired edibles.