Rock melon and honey mousse is a refreshing and easy to make dessert!
For the rock melon mousse
- 1 cup rock melon puree (ripe melon, rind removed, chopped and pulsed in food processor until smooth)
- 1 1/2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 1/8 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup sugar (adjust to your taste)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cold cream
For the honey mousse
- 1/2 tsp powdered gelatin
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 35 g honey
- 1/2 cup cream
- Prepare the melon mousse first; place gelatine and cold water in a small bowl to allow the gelatine to soften. Place melon puree in a medium saucepan with sugar and lemon juice and heat on low until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add softened gelatine to the mixture, heat and stir until the gelatine dissolves completely.
- Remove from the heat and chill mixture in fridge until it reaches around room temperature and is starting to thicken.
- Whip cream in a large mixing bowl to soft peaks. Add vanilla to melon mixture and then fold whipped cream until all the lumps are removed.
- Pour into 4-6 individual serving glasses and chill in the fridge until set, at least 45 mins.
- Prepare the honey mousse. In a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatin over the water and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the yogurt and honey. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip the cream to medium stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Heat the gelatin in the microwave for 12 seconds or melt on top of a double boiler. Working quickly, pour the melted gelatin over the yogurt and whisk thoroughly.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream until everything is blended.
- Pour over the top of set melon mousse and chill until set or overnight. To serve, top with fresh melon pieces.