Beautifully tasting roasted cauliflower pomegranate and hazelnut salad definitely is a winner. This light, crunchy and nutty salad will please everyone’s taste!
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large celery stalk, cut on an angle into 1/4 inch slices
- 5 tbsp hazelnuts, with skins
- 1/3 cup flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1.5 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 215°C.
- Roast the cauliflower by placing it on a parchment lined backing sheet, drizzle with 1-3 tablespoons of olive oil and toss it together with some salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes until parts of it are turning golden brown. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and set aside to cool down.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 160°C. Spread the hazelnuts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and roast for 10-15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil, sherry vinegar, maple syrup, cinnamon and allspice. Set aside.
- Allow the nuts to cool a little, then coarsely chop them and add to the cauliflower, along with the pomegranate seeds, celery, parsley, and the dressing. Stir, taste, and season with salt and pepper accordingly.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe adopted from Love and lemons.