This chicken curry is really comfort food especially in cold days. You can make it with your favourite veggies and add as much spiciness as you wish.
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 30 g ginger, roughly chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1.2 kg boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into small pieces (or boneless, skinless chicken breasts)
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 can of baby corn cobs
- 1 cup capsicums, cut into pieces (or vegetables of your choice)
- fresh chilli (optional)
For the spice blend
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (adjust to your taste)
- Combine ingredients from the spice blend together and set aside.
- In a mini food processor, combine garlic, ginger and onion and pulse until it forms a paste.
- In the skillet heat olive oil and melt butter. Add onion and ginger mixture and stir well. Cook for a few minutes, then add spice blend. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add chicken pieces and cook it slightly on all sides. It should get thoroughly coated with the spice mixture.
- Open the cans of coconut milk and remove the cream from the top using a soup spoon. You should have about 1 cup. Pour the coconut milk over the chicken.
- Drain the corn cobs and chop in half. Add to the chicken and cook until it is almost done.
- Whisk cornstarch with coconut cream until smooth and add to the chicken. Stir well. Add the vegetables of your choice. Cook for another 5 – 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the vegetables are hot. Serve with rice. Enjoy!