Coconut pomegranate pancakes made with coconut milk or fresh coconut water, unsweeteend coconut flakes and pomegranate arils. They are fluffy, soft and a bit crunchy due to coconut flakes and pomegranate arils. Delicious!!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 large eggs
- 3/4 cup yogurt, plain Greek
- 3/8 cup light coconut milk or fresh coconut water
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 3/8 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp pomegranate concentrate
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk together an egg, yogurt, milk or coconut water (whichever you use), oil and coconut flakes.
- Fold in dry ingredients into bowl containing wet ingredients until lumpy batter is formed. Do not overmix.
- Heat your non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and pour some batter onto skillet. Then add approximately 2 tbsp of pomegranate arils.
- Cook until small bubbles form on pancakes, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip pancakes over and cook until done, about 2 more minutes.
- Place cooked pancake on a plate and cover with foil. Continue cooking the rest of the pancakes until the batter if finished.
- Serve pancakes with the remaining pomegranate arils, coconut flakes and maple syrup.