Just love this sweet and savoury quinoa pear and pomegranate salad because it can be both a side dish or a main meal. It’s simple and delicious!!!
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp fruity vinegar (such as pear, raspberry or pomegranate)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 ripe but firm pears, diced
- 1/2 cup almond flakes, roasted
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Bring broth to a boil in a large saucepan. Stir in quinoa, reduce heat to maintain a simmer, cover and cook until the liquid is absorbed and the quinoa has popped, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk oil, vinegar, salt, pepper and parsley in a large bowl. Add pears and toss to coat.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cooked quinoa, if necessary. Add the quinoa and pomegranate arils to the pear mixture; toss to combine.
- Transfer to the refrigerator to cool for about 15 minutes or serve warm. Serve topped with almonds.
- Rinsing removes any residue of saponin, quinoa’s natural, bitter protective covering. Most quinoa is sold already rinsed. Check the label to see if you need to rinse before using.