Macadamia crusted fish with cauliflower, ginger, and lemongrass puree – I was amazed by this mouthwatering recipe and decided to make it myself. I got a list of ingredients from our friend who made it for our dinner. A combination of cauliflower, ginger and lemon grass is divine while macadamia crust elevates fish taste to another level. Everyone loves it!
- ginger, sliced
- 2 gloves garlic, sliced
- 1 stack of lemongrass, bruised and cut to fit into a pot
- ½ onion, chopped
- ½ can coconut milk
- ½ head of large cauliflower, cut into small florets
- avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 4 fish fillets (I used mari mari)
- 2/3 cup of macadamia nuts
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- seafood spices
- fresh coriander
- chives, a few finely chopped
- In a large saucepan add onion, garlic,cauliflower, ginger, garlic and lemon grass, season with the salt.
- Pour coconut milk, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 10 minutes until tender.
- Remove lemon grass from pot and blend cauliflower and coconut milk mixture to make a smooth purée.
- Check the seasoning, add more if needed.
- You may want to add a bit of water to adjust the thickness of puree.
- Add splash of oil and return to the low heat for few minutes. Keep warm.
- Preheat oven at 175ºC.
- Finely grind macadamia nuts in processor.
- Mix them with breadcrumbs.
- Season fish with fish spices, then dip fish into macadamia nuts, coating completely.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium, heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat.
- Add the fish to the pan and fry each side for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer fillets to a large baking sheet. Bake fish until just opaque in center, about 7 minutes.
- Serve it with the cauliflower puree, garnish with coriander leaves and chives.
- Add you favorite cooked veges or fresh salad on the side. Enjoy!