Ricotta biscuits and nuts cake melts in a mouth! Sweet, filling and very simple to make definitely will satisfy anyone’s taste buds. Enjoy it with a cup of tea or coffee!!!
- 400g fresh ricotta (9% fat)
- 200g butter, softened
- 400g biscuits (I used Arnott’s scotch finger)
- 1/2 can sweetened condense milk (198.5g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200g nuts (hazelnut, almond or coconut), chopped
- 200g dried fruit (cranberry, apricots or plums)
- 10 tbsp brandy (optional)
- Soak dried fruits in brandy (or tea) for at least few hours.
- In a bowl break biscuits into pieces.
- Beat softened butter and ricotta, then add condensed milk, vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in dried fruits and biscuits.
- Line the bottom and sides of 20 cm diameter dish with a cling film.
- Add the mixture to the dish and slightly pushing even out the surface.
- Cover the top with cling film and leave in a fridge for 6 hours or overnight.
- Remove the cake from the dish and garnish with chopped nuts.
Recipe adopted from Sezoninė virtuvė.