How are you spoiling your family on Sunday morning? Try these light, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside Belgian waffles. You can serve them with fresh fruits and berries and dollop of cream or chocolate!!! If you are looking for a lower caloric intake, replace sugar with stevia.
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup sugar (or stevia)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, separate egg whites and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Mix together the egg yolks, milk, oil , and vanilla, stir slightly.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in egg whites.
- Cook in waffle iron on medium-high heat for around 5 minutes.
- Serve with fresh fruit, berries, maple syrup, warm chocolate or a dollop of cream. Enjoy!
Recipe adopted from Food.