The perfect breakfast to kickstart a healthy day. After visiting Japan I fell in love with matcha and have posted already few recipes with it. Today I have decided to add it to my chia pudding. The healthy fats and fiber in chia seeds will keep you satisfied all morning, or you can make this as a super healthy snack. Top with granola or nuts for some crunch and, of course, some fresh fruits or berries!
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (you can use non-dairy)
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp matcha green tea powder
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- fruit, berries, granola, seeds, nuts (for topping, optional )
- Add chia seeds and milk in a medium sized bowl. Stir gently to combine.
- Add matcha powder and a bit of how water in a small bowl.
- Whisk until smooth to prevent the matcha from clumbing when added to the chia pudding.
- Add the matcha and vanilla to the chia seed mixture. Stir and then place it in the fridge overnight or at least 2-3 hours.
- Top with your preferred topping. Enjoy!
- Chia pudding can be stored in a lidded container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Recipe adopted from Vanilla & Bean.