There’s nothing to add to this deliciously healthy homemade peanut butter granola with pecans! You can enjoy it in many ways. Most of all I like to serve it on top of yogurt or smoothie. Sometimes I simply eat it with milk. It is very easy to make and takes only several minutes. Let’s enjoy this healthy breakfast!
- 2 cups of oats
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together oats, pecans, salt and cinnamon.
- On the stovetop in a pan melt the peanut butter and honey together until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour it over dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 min or until granola is lightly browned, stirring the granola once gently half way through. (A great way to test for doneness is to remove a small portion of the granola from the pan and set it on the counter. If it hardens as it cools the rest of the granola is done)!
- Remove from oven and let sit until cooled.
- Once cooled, you can enjoy it!
Recipe adopted from Table for two.