Waffles again? Yes! I am addicted to baking waffles! I refilled my matcha reserve and decided to make matcha waffles with shredded coconut, coconut oil and coconut milk. To balance a bitter matcha flavor you can dip them into white chocolate ganache. To get a nice green color of white chocolate ganache mix in a pinch of matcha. Make these matcha green tea waffles for a healthy and gluten free breakfast!
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tb apple cider vinegar
- 260g gluten free all-purpose flour
- 30g sugar
- 1/2 toasted unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tb matcha powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- Powdered sugar to serve (optional)
- White chocolate ganache (optional)
- In a bowl combine the coconut milk and vinegar and set aside.
- Preheat waffle maker.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, combine all of the dry ingredients and then whisk in the coconut milk and the coconut oil and beat until you have a smooth batter (studded with the coconut).
- Spoon the batter into the hot waffle maker and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Repeat.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot with powdered sugar or dip in the white chocolate ganache. Enjoy!
Recipe adopted from Heather Christo.