Good morning! I absolutely love starting my Saturday with a big green smoothie as a first thing in the morning. It makes me feel awake and energized for the day with the load of beneficial nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants.
I used to eat oatmeal all the time for my breakfast and I still love them. However now I prefer to have more vegetables, fruits and other foods like nuts and seeds for my breakfast. During the weekends I can be noisy in the morning as everyone else awake (I don’t need to get up at 5 am trying not to wake my son up 🙂 yay!!!)
Smoothies are seriously the perfect quick and healthy breakfast meal. I add protein powder to help fuel the start of my day or assist with post workout recovery. If you want a lighter smoothie without the protein boost, you can certainly leave it out. Give it a try and see how you feel!
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 large banana (can be frozen)
- 2 cups pineapple chunks (can be frozen)
- 2 cups milk (of your preferences) or coconut water
- 1/2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- Combine all ingredients in blender. Puree and pulse on high to combine for 10 to 15 seconds until all ingredients are roughly chopped.
- Puree continuously on high until completely smooth and the spinach is completely pureed.
- Serve it in a glass, regular or pineapple bowl. Garnish with fresh fruits, seeds or edible flowers. Enjoy!
Note. This recipe makes two really large servings, or four smaller snack size servings.