If you’ve ever dreamed of a healthier, more inventive version of berry-on-the-top smoothie, this recipe is your new best friend. The top layer is a simple blend of frozen raspberries, banana and coconut milk. On the bottom layer, milk, chia seeds, vanilla make a sweet mixture.
Chia seeds are a protein-packed super food. They contain omega-3 fatty acids, antioxidants, calcium, fiber and protein. Plus, chia seeds are simple to make into a pudding because they absorb up to 10 times their weight in water! It’s a great start for breakfast, a healthy snack or dessert. Make this chia seed pudding recipe or if you are obsessed with matcha — try matcha chia pudding.
Yields ~ 2 servings
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup milk (you can use non-dairy)
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 banana
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- Stir gently chia seeds with 1 cup of milk to combine.
- Add vanilla to the chia seed mixture.
- Stir and then place it in the fridge overnight or at least 2-3 hours.
- After chia seeds have soaked add them to a jar or glass.
- Blend banana with raspberries and the remaining milk until smooth consistency.
- Pour it over chia pudding.
- Top with your preferred topping. Enjoy!