You won’t forget the flavor of this spinach coconut & zucchini soup. It is vibrant and definitely with memorable soup full of goodness: spinach, zucchini, leeks, potato and coconut milk. The bright green color of the soup makes is standout as well. I love it because it’s healthy, so delicious, easy to make and it’s filling when serving with garlic croutons which add even more flavor. I used to add spinach to salad, smoothies or pasta, but never had them in the soup. And I’m glad I’ve tried 🙂
- 1-2 tbsp coconut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 large leek, topped and tailed, finely diced
- 1 medium potato, such as Maris piper, peeled and cubed
- 1 large courgette (zucchini), cubed
- 1 green chilli, deseeded and finely diced
- 240ml | 1 cup hot vegetable stock (I used a Kallo cube)
- 1x 400g | 14oz can light coconut milk
- 100-200g | 3.5-7oz fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 slices stale ciabatta, cubed
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp garlic granules
- ½ tsp dried herbs
- Toss the bread cubes in the garlic granules and herbs. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and then fry the bread cubes, stirring often, until crunchy and a little coloured. Set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in large pot. Add the spices and stir for a minute.
- Add the leek, potato, courgette and chilli and stir to coat in the spices. Season well with salt and pepper, cover the pot and sweat the vegetables over low heat for five minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and coconut milk and cook for another 10 minutes or until the potato is fork tender.
- Add the spinach and stir. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Carefully transfer the soup to a blender, make sure the lid is secure and blend until completely smooth. You may need to do this in batches.
- Serve the soup topped with the croutons.
Recipe adopted from Super Golden Bakes.